Rozelle Total Health has been selected by the government to provide our patients and community with the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccination.
As of the 29th March, we will be a registered COVID-19 Vaccine clinic and we will commence vaccinations in line with government regulations.
- We will commence COVID Vaccination clinics as of Wednesday 31st March 2021.
- The vaccination is free for patients with a valid Medicare card
- The first priority group (1b) is patients 70 yrs and older, patients with chronic/serious health conditions, Health care workers not in phase 1a and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders over 55 years old.
Only these patients are eligible for the vaccination at this stage. Others will be notified and vaccinated at a later date.
- At this stage we will be receiving only 50 doses per week for Phase 1B. We expect this number to increase.
- Initially we will be contacting our 80 + year old and most vulnerable patients first to book an appointment for the vaccine. Please do not call the surgery inquiring about where you are on the list as we can assure you we will get to you in due course. There is no waiting list.
- These appointments will run to a strict time schedule. Please bring your valid Medicare card and/or other form of ID to your appointment and wear appropriate clothing to allow us to access your left shoulder in a group setting. You will be vaccinated in groups of 5 people and be required to wait 15 minutes post vaccination to watch for any adverse reactions.
- Your appointment is for the vaccination only. If you have any questions, concerns or are hesitant about the vaccination, please call us on 02 9087 4600 or book an appointment online via HotDoc with your regular GP on a day any time prior to your vaccination appointment. Please continue to educate yourself about the vaccine by reading COVID-19 vaccination | healthdirect
At this time we request you do not call reception in relation to booking appointments. We will be accepting online bookings for the vaccine through HotDoc soon. Keep an eye on our website and like us on Facebook for updated information.
Your care is important to us and we are always striving to be of service to you. However, we do ask for your patience whilst we manage and oversee this extensive and unprecedented immunisation roll out.
Rozelle Total Health