COVID Vaccination Update- July 2021- Pfizer
Rozelle Total Health has been selected by the government to provide our patients and community with the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccination. We will commence Pfizer vaccinations on 8 July 2021 in line with government regulations.
The following people are now eligible for the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine:
- All adults aged 40-59
- All Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 16 to 59
- NDIS participants, and carers of NDIS participants, aged 16-39
- Temporary visa holders aged under 50 years who are currently in Australia and have been approved for return travel to Australia through the travel exemption process
- Quarantine and border workers under 60
- Health care workers under 60
- Aged care and disability care residents and staff under 60
- People aged 16-59 with an underlying medical condition or significant disability
- Critical and high risk workers aged 16-59 and over including defence, police, fire, emergency services and meat processing.
- Individuals under 60 with an Australian Border Force outwards travel exemption in an eligible category
Only the eligible patients will be offered the Pfizer vaccination. If you are over the age of 60 years you are advised to have the AstraZeneca vaccine as per ATAGI guidelines. Your last chance to get your AZ vaccine at RTH is Sat 10 July, please book now to avoid disappointment. You will be directed to a vaccine hub after this date.
All patients who have had a first dose of AZ should continue with the second dose of AZ as per ATAGI advice
Please confirm your eligibility here before booking an appointment
- Our appointment availability is limited by vaccine availability
- There is no waiting list. All appointments will be made available online as stock is delivered each fortnight. Bookings can be made here.
- These appointments will run to a strict time schedule. Please bring your valid Medicare card and/or other form of ID to your appointment and wear appropriate loose fitting clothing to allow us to access your left shoulder in a group setting. You will be vaccinated in groups of 5 people and be required to wait 15 minutes post vaccination to watch for any adverse reactions.
- You must book your second dose when you book your first. The interval for Pfizer is 3 weeks apart. You will automatically be directed to a date 3 weeks from your first dose appointment- please do not deviate from this.
- Your appointment is for the vaccination only. If you have any questions, concerns or are unsure if the vaccination is right for you, please call us on 02 9087 4600 or book an appointment via HotDoc with your regular GP on a day any time prior to your vaccination appointment. Please follow this link for up to date information about the vaccine.
- You will be required to complete a consent form. This will be sent to you via email from HotDoc once your appointments have been booked. You must complete this as soon as possible. You will not be vaccinated if this is incomplete.
At this time we request you do not call reception in relation to booking appointments. All appointments will be made available online. You may need to check back at a later date as more appointments become available. Keep an eye on our website and like us on Facebook for updated information.
We thank you for your patience whilst we manage and oversee this extensive and unprecedented immunisation roll out.
Rozelle Total Health